Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Taste of Maine

A neighbor family just returned from their trip to Maine, so we got to enjoy the taste of Maine at a little block party cookout last night. When my neighbor originally asked if I wanted to order lobster, I figured I'd pass since I'm not a huge seafood fan...and frankly, wasn't too interested in cooking the wiggly things in my house! However, when I realized that we'd cook them all outside together in a neighbor's turkey cooker, I thought it was an experience that we couldn't pass up.

The gear


The victims

Ready to walk the plank

Neighbor with victim #1

It started to rain, so we couldn't hear them squeal...thankfully!

Our Maine connection with them nice and red--done!

Kids getting excited--to play with the tools...not to eat them.

Chefs

Notice there's more steak on their plates than lobster!


Celebrating many August birthdays on our block!

Another late night for the kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment