Wednesday, May 20, 2009

O-O-Oat Containers :: Kid-Made Pulleys and Shelves.

This is what happened at our house while I took an important 40 minute phone call.


The kids raided my catch-all closet. You may know the one...with everything from vases to hand towels to wrapping paper to craft items to light bulbs.


Then, when I was actually finished with my call, I was asked to heed the "do not disturb" sign on Mikey and Jimmer's door for a few minutes...before I could see what they had been up to.

When they allowed me to enter, this is what I found.


Yes, a pulley system that Mikey can operate from his top bunk.


To surprise incoming boys' room guests...


...with a shower of paper confetti.


The girls created more functional needs.


A shelving system with covered cubby holes for Kathleen's top bunk.



Mary Kate thought her tiger should be separated from her other, less wild, stuffed friends.


I guess there were no more tubes left for Jimmer, but he assisted Mikey with his mechanical system.

No comments:

Post a Comment