Thursday, August 19, 2010

Democratic Member Surprised at Low Turnout at Town Hall Meeting Held at Local Dump

Littletown, Pennsylvania--At a time when voters are expressing disappointment with their elected representatives as never before, Democratic Congressman Larry Shortview expressed surprise that no one attended his town hall meeting, held recently in the middle of the Littletown landfill.

"I was so looking forward to justifying my votes for government-run health care and a $1.5 trillion deficit," said Shortview from behind a festering pile of rotting vegetable rinds, "but apparently my constituents trust my judgment on those issue."

The one constituent in attendance, an employee of the local dump, said "I saw this guy in a suit gesturing in the air, but I couldn't tell it was the Congressman through the gas mask he was wearing."

Shortview said he hopes to see greater attendance by his constituents at his next town hall meeting, which will be held next Friday morning at 4:00 am in the freezer room of a local butcher shop.

Associated article: New York Times

No comments:

Post a Comment