Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I am not a perfect mother, says Kiran Rao

Filmmaker Kiran Rao who few months back became mother of a baby boy named Azad says that she is not a perfect mother yet but she is enjoying motherhood.

"I don`t think I am perfect, but I certainly try and it`s such a joy. I think every mother does what is best for her child because it`s such a joy and a daily learning experience. So, I am enjoying it thoroughly. I don`t think I could have asked for more," the 38-year-old said here at the launch of painter Sangeeta Gupta`s exhibition.

Last year in December Kiran Rao and Aamir Khan through IVF to a surrogate mother at a private clinic in Mumbai brought home bundle of joy. After repeated attempts when Kiran failed to deliver a baby, the duo decided to go for surrogacy.
After the child birth, Aamir Khan issued a letter stating, “It gives us the greatest joy to share with you the good news of the birth of our baby boy. This baby is especially dear to us because he was born to us after a long wait and some difficulty. Due to medical complications, we were advised to have a baby through IVF -Surrogacy and we feel very grateful to the Almighty that everything has gone well."
Kiran suffered miscarriage one year back. Aamir already had two children from his first wife Reena Dutta.
Kiran is presently busy bringing up her newborn but she would very soon work on a new script.

No comments:

Post a Comment